- RT @ReliableSources: After Rupert Murdoch dismisses Fox scandals as "all nonsense," former Fox News contributor @tamaraholder says the netw… 5 hours ago
- @tamaraholder Wow - just watched your incredibly powerful, gutsy interview on CNN. You were steely and amazing and more power to you. 5 hours ago
- RT @bombaywallah: Congress had three young, smart and vocal leaders-Hardik, Jignesh and Alpesh; the BJP had several national television cha… 9 hours ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: #Saudi Sisters at Risk of Forced Return from #Turkey. Could Face Criminal Charges, ‘Honor’ Violence - @hrw https://t.co/m… 3 days ago
- RT @Avaaz: Rupert #Murdoch has admitted defeat and started shrinking his empire! Public pressure is a big reason why he’s now selling Sky t… 3 days ago
Author Archives: alaphia
I’ve been doing some activism in my kitchen lately — by launching a war on waste. After a few months of trying to waste as little as possible – my conclusion is that not wasting requires a pretty involved effort … Continue reading
On a drive from Pondicherry to Thanjavur two weekends ago, I had to keep my sunglasses on at all times because there are some eye-poppingly bright buildings along the way. I’ve driven up and down Tamil Nadu’s highways quite a … Continue reading
The Hindu published a shorter version of my travel to Trinket in the Nicobar archipelago to meet Gopinath Jeem. You can read it here.
Our boat approached the abandoned and lonely shores of the island of Trinket in the Nicobar archipelago in the Andaman Sea. The beach was littered with the grotesque trunks of dead trees where a man now appeared. He was wearing a … Continue reading
In the days since I returned from Granada I have found myself thinking excitedly, “I have seen the Alhambra! I have seen the Alhambra!!.” The Alhambra was built in the 14th century by the North African Islamic rulers of the … Continue reading
Could they possibly have crammed any more people into, on top of or outside the vehicle? When we say mass transport in India, we mean it. This picture of an Indian auto or ‘tuk-tuk’ was taken on a road two … Continue reading
My piece on Laos was published in the February issue of Forbes India. You can read it here.