A short walk from the Democracy Monument in Bangkok, I came upon this dazzling array of shoes for sale, all haphazardly thrown across a simple plastic mat. Barefoot girls dashed about the tiny space like little bumping cars trying to grab a pair before someone else did. The shop-keeper’s only role seemed to be to ensure noone walked off with his shoes and of course to collect the fixed price of 120 Thai bhat (less than US$ 4!). For someone like me who detests bargaining, this was perfect.
- RT @faisalislam: SKY sources: BMW to shut its Mini factory for a month immediately after Brexit - No Deal contingency 19 hours ago
- RT @benabyad: A Palestinian has died after being arrested by Israeli occupation forces in a predawn raid. "They entered Mohammed's room wh… 21 hours ago
- @chopradamini_ What's the best way to get in touch? I'm at alaphia at avaaz dot org. Thanks. 21 hours ago
- @chopradamini_ @the_hindu @vikasdhootET Very good piece. 21 hours ago
- RT @LisPower1: Fox News constantly claims the left pushes 'violent rhetoric,' but yesterday when a guest said he wanted to "choke" Obama an… 1 week ago